Thursday, July 4, 2013

SQL Server 2008R2 Reporting Service Failed to Start after Sysprep

I was attempting the step-by-step guide for sysprepping SQL Server 2008R2 in my gold VM image on SCVMM2012. After successfully created a VM template out of this image, the Complete SQL wizard couldn't get a service to start. I noticed the failure was due to the SQL Reporting Service.

Thankfully, there was a resolution mentioned in this blog post, which I've reproduced here:
  1. Open Regedit on the problematic SQL server
  2. Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
  3. In the Right Pane create the following Key (If not already created)
    • Value: DWORD (32-bit)
    • Name: ServicesPipeTimeout
    • Value Data, Click Decimal and type 60000 (Not less than 60000)
Restart the server and the reporting service should be able to start up correctly. I went back to my gold VM and pre-created this registry setting.

1 comment:

  1. I am very gald to see your blog.I love your site! You will be in our prayers and thoughts! Nice and informative post on this topic thanks for sharing with us.I also provide this service Dedicated Servers Thank you.






    ReplyDelete