Monday, July 29, 2013

You have been logged on with a temporary profile

This is annoying. My domain-joined Windows 7 machine kept showing this error upon login and I couldn't save any new profile.
On the Event Viewer, I saw these 2 errors (Event 1511 and 1515)


Initially, I thought my roaming profile was corrupted. But re-building the profile did not solve the problem. The same error still appear until I saw this Microsoft KB post.

I enumerated through the registry records on
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

Instead of just removing the sid.bak records, I removed all user registry records. In effect, it would force a rebuild of all local user profiles that would be synced from the central user profiles on the network share.

2 comments:

  1. Rijles Den Haag Hofstad rijopleiding is écht gevestigd in Den Haag Wij helpen je met het behalen van je autorijbewijs na je rijexamen leer je pas echt autorijden Wij helpen je een heel eind op weg om het verkeer in Den Haag én in Nederland de baas te zijn Wij gaan voor kwalitatief rijden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s really a great post..I would like to appreciate your work and I am going to recommend it to my friends. Using Dell printers and during usage got this Error Code 0xc0000098? dont get hesitate or confused just visit us and follow our blog as well contact us on our toll-free number we had an amazing team for 24*7 support.

    ReplyDelete